Hello and Welcome!! To My, Esther Odinma's A2 Production... I hope you enjoy my Blog!!

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Weird and Wacky stories

In this task i started to look at weird and wacky stories to give me ideas... so below is some of the stories i found in my research.

Clever Microwave Cooking

This is a story about a microwave. Now, you are one of two kinds of people: either you are the kind of person who knows how to figure out how to operate a microwave, or you are the kind of person who always gets someone else to do it. I've always been able to push the buttons. One day, however, using my abilities produced an unexpected result.

It was a day I went to baby-sit at a house I'd never been to. Or, cooked in. Now, no one expects a babysitter to cook anything particularly complicated. The assignment had been to microwave a hot dog. I put the hot dog on a plate in the microwave and closed the door, and pushed some likely buttons. No go. I sought counsel from the babysitee.
The girl who was to eat the hot dog didn't know how to operate the microwave. I don't remember how old she was, but she must have been over five and under ten. And she was hungry.

I'd tried pushing numbers. I'd tried to find the button you have to push before you push the numbers, but wasn't having much luck. I decided I would try pushing a button labeled "popcorn". It might not let me set the time, but at least it would turn the machine on, and cook a hot dog. I explained my plan to the girl.
She was skeptical. She thought that if I pushed the button for popcorn, it would make the food pop, even if the food wasn't popcorn. I said, no, it'll just turn the microwave on. It'll make it go. It doesn't make everything pop.
So I pushed the button, the microwave turned on, and we watched the hotdog rotate inside the lit box.

After a minute, the hotdog made a sudden, loud noise. A popping noise.
The reason it split was that I hadn't poked holes in it with a fork first, but, of course, the girl was convinced that the reason it split was that I had used the "popcorn" button on the microwave. After all, I'd said that the hotdog would not pop, and it had. Just like popcorn.

She ate the hotdog, we played cards, she went to bed happy, I went home happy. End of funny story? No, not really! You haven't even heard the funniest part.
I had many other babysitting jobs, but I didn't baby-sit for that family again for a couple of years or more. By that time, the girl was almost able to take care of herself.
This time, she made herself some soup using a new microwave (they had had their kitchen renovated). While she was eating, she said: "Back when we had this other microwave, this one babysitter tried to cook me a hotdog, and she pushed the popcorn button on the microwave to make it go..."

No comments:

Post a Comment